There are lots of ways for you to connect to other foster youth and former foster youth. Online communities offer a great way for you to find out what other foster youth and former foster youth are doing, but remember to be careful and avoid potentially dangerous situations! Don’t give out any personal information (including your name, birthday, address, or phone number) online.
Here’s a list of websites worth checking out:
- Learn about the experiences of former foster youth (including famous former foster youth) and find articles, blogs, and message boards
- Connect with former foster youth
- Browse articles by former foster youth on issues like health care, education, hygiene, and housing
- Find resources on issues such as education and employment, and connect with caring adults
- Read stories and poetry by Foster Care 2 Success
We can also help you connect with a mentor (someone you can talk to, share your hopes for the future with, and discuss any questions or concerns). Call us at 414-344-1220.